My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Native New Yorker


[ 1.23 mins]
[CLICK HERE for Flash version]
[CLICK HERE for Quicktime version 4.9mb]
[CLICK HERE for Windows version 14.6mb]

I went on a business trip to Ohio recently. The time spent there was shorter than I have ever done but I missed New York terribly on this trip.

On my return flight back home, as soon as I saw New York City, "A Native New Yorker" by Odyssey began to play in my head. I know all the words to this song prior to learning how to speak English. My uncle Lou loved this song, actually it was his favorite. He loved New York. Although, he was born in Puerto Rico, he was raised in New York City since he was 9. He said the first time he saw the city it romanced him. Over the years, I have come to love New York just as much as he did.

Here's to all New Yorkers - native or not.

There was terrible turbance on this flight which was unfortunate. Trying endlessly to get this file to be viewed clearer, I was unable to without losing the compression of the file.





2 comments:

Nurse2B said...

Very nice! I love flying into New Yor kat night, it's so beautiful. Come to think of it it looks pretty cool during the day too. Great job on your vlog!

missbhavens said...

OH WOW!!! You don't understand how happy I am to see this footage! I was out of town for over two weeks and there's NOTHING I love more than flying into LGA at night. It's just so magical and the city looks all twinkly and like is a giant firefly convention.I flew home last night and I was going to film it but I was right on the wing and it would have obscured everything! Also, I was chicken and didn't want the stewardess to yell at me for haveing an "electronic object" turned on during descent.

That song was a perfect choice, too.