My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Monday, February 18, 2008

The Chosen Path


For the last few weeks, I have been reflecting about the past year and the month of January of this year. It is amazing to me that my personal and professional lives both called it quits in January of 2008. As I was reflecting, I realized that I had moved from a positive path to a more negative path in 2007. This became more obvious when a friend called me and interrupted my thoughts. She called to tell her drama and spew negativity about men. As I listened, I realized that I, a generally positive person, have surrounded myself with negativity. What amused me as I half listened to her and listened more to my own thoughts is that negativity overpowered the positive in 2007 and January,2008. I know that positivity is more powerful than negativity but when it is completely surrounded by negativity, the light will dim a bit.

Today, I experienced someone's negativity trying to rain on my parade. Instead, I calmly said what I had to say and ended it with word "peace". I put on some tunes that always get my butt to jump around with joy and left the negativity aside. Positivity won this time. And at that moment I realized, it is up to me to be diligent on which path I chose to live.

My Chosen Path....Positivity



No comments: