My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Friday, February 01, 2008

Whew....Thank Goodness January is Gone


Wow, January came in with many twists and turns.

First, my mom went into the hospital for her second catherization in the first week of January. During this minor surgery, she had a heart attack. She was in the ICU for two week with a total hospital stay of 3 weeks. So I began to think well my mom is fine so life will go back to normal. But the last week of January was not to be outdone.

The breakdown of the last week of January:

Monday, Jan. 28 - Wednesday, Jan. 30
I can't really write about this. But I am extremely devastated about the situation.

Thursday, Jan. 31
I go into the office for a meeting with my senior management. Nothing new. During the meeting, I was handed a manilla folder with a notice that within 60 days, I was no longer an employee. I have been laid off. My company is trying to move non-essential employees out of the NY/NJ area. My group has been affected. If I want to keep my job I would have to move to either Chicago (too cold) or Ohio (too boring and cold). No relocation expenses and I would have to re-apply for my job. I must admit that I am fortunate to have people that care for me. My senior manager had gotten teary-eyed while talking to me. I felt so bad for him. My manager who I have never met but is such a great manager and who I totally adore, was there for me as well. Even my first manager to that group reached out to me. I completely appreciate them for that. I have to admit I knew and comprehended what was happening. I knew this was a business decision and not a performance issue;I wasn't the only one to get laid off. I am not angry nor resentful. I just thought boy, I need to make sure everything is documented and ready for the new person and went back to work.

So with that, all I have to say is:

Whew, thank goodness January is finally over! :)



No comments: