My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Counting My Blessings

So, this morning, as soon as I woke up, I thanked God for another day and for all blessings in my life. I haven't done this in a very long time. As soon as I began my thanks, the pit in my stomache disappeared. As I was fixing breakfast, I decided to play some music. My spirit was completely lifted.

It's raining in NYC today but to me it felt like a beautiful summer day, I actually was singing as I took the train heading downtown. While on the train, a couple with an adorable baby sat next to me. The baby starting gurgling, smiling and wanting to go with me. The couple were so surprised, they said she had never done that with a stranger before. As I was holding the baby and playing with her, the father said he had to take a picture because no one will believe that his daughter wanted, much less, allowed a stranger to take her. The mother said, 'I think I know why. I feel such a happy and warm feeling coming from you. I guess she feels it too.' I was a bit surprised by the comment but thanked her. I played with baby all the way to my destination. At that point, I had to return the baby who did not want to go back to her parents.

Today is the day that I go to see my career counselor. The moment, I said hello, she said 'Whew, I see you're back to normal. Last week, although you were smiling, it wasn't your normal smile and the twinkle in your eyes was gone. I thought you may be letting this affect you.' I said, 'Nope, I just forgot that God loves me for a minute but I am back on track.' We accomplished more today than in the month that I have been going there and in less time too. We both realized that.

I took the bus home and guess what another baby girl was gurgling and waving hello to me. As soon as I waved hello back and smiled, the baby started pulling away from her mom and towards me. I asked if I could hold her. All the way to my destination, this baby played with me.

As I was walking back home, I realized that these were things that I normally in the past took for granted. I thanked God for such a beautiful day. And from now on, upon waking, I will count my blessings.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely right about the counting of blessings, always puts things into a better light and perspective!