My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Sunday, March 02, 2008

Doing Too Much - My XV6700 to the Rescue




It seems that lately, I am doing too much. It's funny, last year I felt I had all this time on my hands. This year it is the complete opposite. Besides trying to finish getting a college degree and all that is involved with that, I am also working, documenting my work for the job transition, meeting with my career counselor, volunteering time in the hospital, helping my cousin pack her home since she is moving to VA, networking, meeting with friends and family, updating this blog and Twitter, bible studying, in a women's support group and managed to join 2 book clubs. On top of all of this making time for my boyfriend since we decided that our relationship is worth working out if we communicate more. All of this is being handled by my trusty PDA phone. Originally, the calender reflected my work calendar. Since my notice of job elimination (which is not since someone is replacing me), I have changed it to my personal calendar and boy, good thing I did. My personal calendar has several appointments and to do's daily. I don't know how I can do it all. Thank goodness for my phone. I update both this blog and Twitter via my mobile's web or text messaging.

Of the two book clubs I am in, one of them is suffering from my busy schedule. The book is titled Yurugu by Dr. Marimba Ani. So I have decided that I am going to drop the other book club for this one. The Yurugu book study takes place in PalTalk in a chat room titled 'The Ankobia in America.' A very powerful, thought provoking, opinion sharing, growth expansing chat room in PalTalk that I have had the privilege to attend. Unfortunately, I just log on to PalTalk now and I am rarely there. So starting this week, I am changing that and my trusty PDA will track it all.

I just love my phone and have no plans to replace it even though its 2 1/2 years old.

No comments: