My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Monday, October 23, 2006

Am I Still A Seeker?

I have received many emails commenting on my sidebar. I wrote that I was a seeker and also add a saying from Yogananda. In December, 2005 when I originally created this blogger I was a seeker. I was a seeker of truth, not particular a teacher or a "religion." Today, I must say that I am no longer a seeker. I am now trying to become a more active participant. What I mean by that is that I want to deepen my relationship with GOD, not so much become a member of any religion.

I am currently writing a post regarding my dealings with the Roman Catholic religion. It's so long that I am trying to condense it somehow.

But for those who have sent several emails, here are my responses to the common questions.

Have you become more spiritual or religious?
I must say that I have become both. I was always spiritual, but I have found a great non-denominational church which I am now a member of.

What caused you to say you were a seeker?
As I wrote above, I was seeking the truth. My former religion and what the Bible speaks about are completely contradicting each other. I chose the Bible over my religion. I started seeking the truth elsewhere such as Buddhism, Hindism and even Jehovah Witness. But these failed to answer my questions. I started to read the Bible on my own. A good friend of mine recommended her church, I went and felt that it was a place where I was drinking from the "best well."

Are you an atheist or agnostic?
I am neither. I believe in God and his ultimate wisdom. I have and have always had a personal relationship with God. I just don't say a whole bunch of prayers. I converse with God, for he is always there listening, speaking and guiding me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESS LAWSUITS & COURT CASES SUMMARIZED


The following website summarizes 300 U.S. court cases and lawsuits affecting children of Jehovah's Witness Parents, including dozens of cases where the JWParents refused to consent to life-saving blood transfusions:

DIVORCE, BLOOD TRANSFUSIONS, AND OTHER LEGAL ISSUES AFFECTING CHILDREN OF JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

http://jwdivorces.bravehost.com/



This website summarizes 160 United States court cases and lawsuits filed by Jehovah's Witnesses against Employers:

EMPLOYMENT ISSUES UNIQUE TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESS EMPLOYEES

http://jwemployees.bravehost.com