My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

SMH (Shaking My Head)

This is going to sound very crazy what I am about to write but hey, as you get to know more about me, you realize it's just me being me.

Every time I step out of my home, I am confronted with men who want to take me out, get to know me better or date me. And not just one or two, there are several men from my neighborhood ranging from African Americans to the Spanish and even one Irish man. This always amazes me because I am an average looking woman. Nothing really special to look at all. What's even more funny to me is that I don't give any of them a second glance yet every night this week I have been crying for another man. Now, I am not rude to them when they say hello. I do say hello back. It's not really in my nature to be rude and like my mami always says "a hello does not cost you anything."

I went to my nutritionist this evening and one man in subway kept staring at me. Normally to other people this means trouble. But for me I knew that he was finding a way to talk to me and ask me for my number. Sure enough, after the second stop, he approached me and told me I was beautiful. By stop four, he asked for the magic numbers. I said I did not think it was wise and got off on stop five. By the time I got to my nutritionist, six men had asked me out. And yet, I only think of one. SMH.



No comments: