My blog and its contents have moved!

You should be automatically redirected in 6 seconds. If not, visit
http://nyricanvision.wordpress.com
and update your bookmarks.

A Nuyorican's Musical Theme

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Voicemail Messages

People always seem to amaze me. I have begun to classify my voicemail messages into categories.

Category 1: Just Hi - these messages are left from most friends and family. I usually respond to these.

Category 2: I Need Someone To Talk To - these are left usually by family, friends and some acquaintances. These messages are a cry for help and usually not a financial one but an emotional one. These messages are always returned by me.

Category 3: Making Sure You Call Back - these messages are usually left by men who know that I have a curious soul. They are usually left cryptic enough to ensure a call back. These sometimes get answered. Sometimes a mystery should remain just a mystery.

Category 4: The Gossip - these are the ones I most despise. They bring some news you either don't care about or just don't want to hear. The person continues to call several times during the hour and leaves one message but continues to call to see if they catch you at some point of the day. They call your home and cell or any other number you were stupid enough to give them. I hate these messages and never ever return them. The person will eventually catch up to me when I am not paying attention to my caller ID which really happens more often than not.

The reason why I am talking about my message categories. Well I got a Category 4 yesterday. I was not interested in speaking to this person. From the tone of the voice of the message I knew it was a Category 4. She kept on calling all day and night and not reaching me. This morning she called at the crack of dawn and of course with me forgetting that there is a person out there with a Category 4 answered the phone.

She chatted about non-sense before delivering the message she wanted to deliver. Now, if I tell a person I don't want to know any further details of an event. Why would you call with updates? Geez, when will I learn not to give my number out? Really!


No comments: